Wood types and how to make a choice!
Hey everyone it`s ArtMillWork again! Today we wanted to tell you about the different types of wood out there. That way when you decide on your project you can accurately choose the wood you would like to work with.
Well to begin with there are two main types of wood: softwood & hardwood. The difference between these types of wood is not necessarily the density or the hardness itself. They are rather distinguished in terms of their reproduction not as much their end appearance. Softwood comes from a conifer, which usually remains evergreen. Where hardwood in most cases comes from deciduous trees which lose their leaves annually.
So now that we got that out of the way let me introduce some of the different species:
- Mahogany colors appear in sapwood creamy white to grayish colors.
- Cherrywood the heartwood of cherry varies from rich red to reddish-brown and will darken with age and light exposure.
- Maple colors are white hue with streaks of almost reddish-brown tints, with age it deepens in its tones.
- Oak is a universal-colored wood. It can range very widely from light beige to brown and red.
- Ash would be beige to light brown.
- Teak is tawny gold with brown and gold streaks. Over time the colors lighten and give it a regal look.
- walnut is the brown wood that with age gets a rich honey color coming from the grains.
So, with many more wood types on the market, it is very hard to make a choice. Well, we at Art Millwork are ready to help! Our 100% eco-friendly design will get your ideal project to the color depth you want! Get a custom order today!